• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are there restraining orders in Romania against non-domestic harassment and threats o

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jngleb_1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

i know i'll prolly get some flak for this but i'm just searching for info about this... if u can help, plz do.. if not, well sorry for the waste of ur time.

Are there restraining orders in Romania against non-domestic harassment and threats of violence?

I have a very good friend in Romania. She is 21 yrs old and is receiving threats from her ex-boss for quitting. The threats range from verbal harassment face-to-face, threats of physical violence face-to-face, verbal harasssment via SMS, as well as threats of physical violence via SMS and through friends that still work under him. Examples of these are:

via SMS to my friend - "you'll be sorry for this" (literal translation)
via friend of my friend - "next time i see her in a pub i'm just going to beat her" (literal translation)
via ex-boss to my friend - "if i see you on the street, i'll beat you" (literal translation)

i am in U.S. and i don't know their justice system, and the most recent info i can find online is from 2009. as far as i know, here in the states, even verbal harassment alone is worthy of a restraining order. i have told her to keep a record of every threat and to keep all SMS from him (but she only has the most recent one, as she was mostly ignoring him before). She has never provoked him other than the fact that she quit and ignored his threats.

is there anything she can do to protect herself (before this psycho does something)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US Law Only - I doubt we have anybody here even VAGUELY familiar with Romanian law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">