• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Pardon/Commuting of sentence possible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iamalh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Georgia /DeKalb County
Can a felony possession (crack residue) be Pardoned or Commuted and knocked down to a misdemeanor after conviction because it creates a hardship?
I was charged with a felony possession charge in DeKalb County for crack possession as well as a DUI.2 small baggies were found in the car I was driving. My wife is the owner. I took the First Offender plea, which resulted in 3 years probation. Felony will be dropped after probation period. I was laid off soon after. I am unable to get a job because I have a felony on my record. I have 2 years of time served on probation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

If your probation has gone perfectly, talk to your probation officer about accelerating the completion.

As you are already on plan to have the felony removed, any other option may not be possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">