• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance After Florida DUI Help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gr3yy

Here's my situation. I'm 23, live with parents, and I made a poor decision and received a DUI. When I purchased my Insurance for the first 6 months of my FR44 it was $1000/6 Months. After 6 months I went to an Agency and purchased a policy for $710/6 Months.A week later I received a letter from underwriting saying I needed to add my 18 year old sibling to my policy. I contacted them about this and found out with FR44 you cannot exclude drivers. $2,300/6 Months is the price she came up with. I asked why my parents did not come up on the report, she explained the underwriting only searches for certain age groups. I will be living by myself in 6 months, until then a friend has offered I move in with him. Here are my questions.

1. If I change my address to his(Friend who offered to stay at his house) could this make his insurance go up?
2. I'm not real big on living with friends, Can I just stay at my parents house most of the time?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ecmst12

If your brother has other coverage, you should be able to send proof to your insurance company so you won't have to add him.

gr3yy

That was my original thought, as well as the Agency I went through. But after speaking with a few other insurance companies as well as my current. It is a Florida rule that states when having a file a FR-44 there cannot be any exclusions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">