• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Disney8704

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska

Today my STBX got paid and he ended up taking all the money and leaving me with only $250 which is BS. I told him I had legal right to 1/2 of what was in the checking account, and just wanted 1/2 after bills were paid and he REFUSES to give me the remainder of what I am entitled to. And now to make it worse, he changed his pay info so now all his paychecks will go into his separate checking account instead of the joint and now I am gonna be left with NOTHING. No money, no support, nada. I know he cant do that, he nos hes not supposed to do it, but he is gonna do it.

The divorce hasn't even been filed or anything yet. No papers have been signed, etc. Is there any way I can still see a lawyer and maybe get a court order or something drawn up showing that he has to pay me so much money each month until the divorce is finalized, or do I have to wait till I am served with divorce papers?

mistoffolees

The divorce hasn't even been filed or anything yet. No papers have been signed, etc. Is there any way I can still see a lawyer and maybe get a court order or something drawn up showing that he has to pay me so much money each month until the divorce is finalized, or do I have to wait till I am served with divorce papers?
You may be able to get a court order for temporary support. There's not enough information to know if that's likely, though.

But you should also be looking for a job.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska

Today my STBX got paid and he ended up taking all the money and leaving me with only $250 which is BS. I told him I had legal right to 1/2 of what was in the checking account, and just wanted 1/2 after bills were paid and he REFUSES to give me the remainder of what I am entitled to. And now to make it worse, he changed his pay info so now all his paychecks will go into his separate checking account instead of the joint and now I am gonna be left with NOTHING. No money, no support, nada. I know he cant do that, he nos hes not supposed to do it, but he is gonna do it.

It would have been clearer if you had updated your previous thread.

However, as already discussed he has an obligation to support you. If he is not doing so, then you need to file for temporary support, but you also need to go to his command. They will require him to support you until the divorce is finalized.

Tex78704

The military has very limited authority to impose and force spousal support.

Going to his commander will not likely be effective in getting her what she desires, or even minimally needs, in terms of financial support.
It might, but that is far from a given.

OP's best option is to file for divorce, and get the court to impose temporary orders that provide for reasonable financial support.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/divfinance/a/divorcesupport.htm[/B]]Child and Spouse Support and Garnishment in the U.S. Military

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">