• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car towing damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagerbeaver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My car insurance offers roadside assistance. I was in another state, and my car broke down. I called roadside assistance and in the process of unloading my car, they whacked the front, causing $450 worth of damage. The operator immediately recognized this, called his boss, took a cell pic. When i got home and filed a claim with the roadside assistance company (who uses the actual operator who damaged the car as a sub), they denied the claim, stating that it was 'road rash' not caused by their operator. Coincidentally, the reason for the tow was that a rear suspension part had rusted, and they're saying the whole car had 'pre existing conditions', apparently using the rust underneath to somehow justify the scrapes on the bumper. I've gone thru my insurance since they use the roadside assistance, and they've concurred with the roadside assistance decision.

What are my options here? Can I now go after the actual tow truck company, or they indemnified by the roadside assistance plan that they are subs for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">