• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marilouagsaulio

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I would like to ask if my husband could sealed his case?He was arrest for one day and released, he gone to hearing and his attorney advised him for guilty plead and the case was dismissed last 2006. His problem was, if he apply for job position, he should declare it or not?should we sealed it? because he wanted also to renew his cna certification.Pls help..

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I would like to ask if my husband could sealed his case?He was arrest for one day and released, he gone to hearing and his attorney advised him for guilty plead and the case was dismissed last 2006. His problem was, if he apply for job position, he should declare it or not?should we sealed it? because he wanted also to renew his cna certification.Pls help..
Wait ... he pled guilty, and the case was dismissed????

If he has a conviction, he has to reveal it if asked. If he has NOT been convicted, he does not have to reveal the arrest.

If he pled guilty to a drug offense, took diversion, and the case was re-opened and then dismissed as a result of successful diversion, than he has no conviction.

The first thing he needs to do is find out (a) what he was arrested for or convicted of (the statute), and then, (2) seek to have it expunged or purged if possible.

California Courts: Self-Help Center: More Topics: Criminal Law: Clean Up Your Criminal Record

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">