• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

citarasmalls921

Virginia. Hello, yesterday my boyfriend and I were on our way to my baptism service. I was getting baptized. My boyfriend was speeding. 45 in a 65. His license was restricted but instead of arresting him, he gave,him two tickets. My question is that if he talks to a lawyer, being that this is his first offense of driving on a restricted license and we were going to a baptism service, can he possibly get the charge just dropped to a reckless driving ticket?

FlyingRon

I assume you meant 65 in a 45. Why do you think going to a baptism justifies egregious speed or violation of his license restrictions? "Just a reckless driving"? Reckless is a serious charge, it's a misdemeanor.

The bigger issue is why was his license suspended to begin with? Frankly if it was from a previous reckless or a DUI most likely he has a suspended sentence to deal with there. Some of the judges up here in northern Virginia don't have much of a sense of humor when someone violates their restrictions, they'll "unsuspend" that jail time he got out of before.

If his restrictions cover religious services, he might have an out.
HOWEVER, you'd be well advised to get a lawyer on both of these issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">