• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with drug paraphernalia but cops have no evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opivy522

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.
I got charged with possession of drug paraphernalia but the cops did not seize my paraphernalia. They do not have my drug paraphernalia at all. Is there a way I can get this case thrown out?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

They don't need to seize things. The testimony of the officer that he saw it in your possession is enough.

kcs314

Good Luck

I'm not a lawyer, but here in Colorado the police officer has to have physical evidence. Hear say is not enough evidence to convict a person. I would say you probably have a good chance fighting this. It sounds like it is going to be your word against his.

dave33

As you can clearly see you can be charged w/out physical evidence. Although, the fact that they have no ph. evidencewill benefit you if you choose to file motions and begin the trial process. gdlck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">