• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

under 15 years old selling marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mataeous

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I sold my friend a 5 bag of weed outside of school at his house. He brought it to school and got caught with it. He told the cops that I sold it to him. I got pulled in and searched for hours at school and I didnt tell them anything or confess. Now the cops are going to come to my house and question me and I'm probably going to confess, considering i have marijuana in my system and my friend wrote against me and signed it and I dont want to go to court. My first charge was 2 months ago, for selling 3 ritalin. Still havent heard from that. and now theres this, distributing and smoking weed. note i am only 13 so i would be treated as a juvenile. please tell me what you guys think my sentence will be. and how harshly i will get charged

Last edited:

Antigone*

I sold my friend a 5 bag of weed outside of school at his house. He brought it to school and got caught with it. He told the cops that I sold it to him. I got pulled in and searched for hours at school and I didnt tell them anything or confess. Now the cops are going to come to my house and question me and I'm probably going to confess, considering i have marijuana in my system and my friend wrote against me and signed it and I dont want to go to court. My first charge was 2 months ago, for selling 3 ritalin. Still havent heard from that. and now theres this, distributing and smoking weed. note i am only 13 so i would be treated as a juvenile. please tell me what you guys think of my sentence.
Well, it looks like you are well on your way to two hots and a cot.:rolleyes: Just look at it this way. You got an early start and prision won't be too hard getting used to when you're older.:cool:

cyjeff

The really interesting part?

Selling in front of a school is a felony... even if you are 13.

How do you feel about spending a little time in a cell with a bunch of people that think you are really cute?

Mataeous

No i sold it in front of his house, over 1000 feet away from school, actually about 3 miles away from school.

Some Random Guy

Now the cops are going to come to my house and question me and I'm probably going to confess, considering i have marijuana in my system and my friend wrote against me and signed it and I dont want to go to court.
A would suggest getting your parent/guaradian involved ASAP and get a lawyer. Confessing to a felony is a surefire way to make sure you do go to court.

cyjeff

One more point...

Yes, the judge will take your behavior into account on this charge. You are, apparently, okay with the drug life.

The judge will do everything possible to make you see the error in that thought process.

Of course, you may never get this. Right about now, mom and dad are getting home and everything you own is about to be sold for the legal fees.

Antigone*

One more point...

Yes, the judge will take your behavior into account on this charge. You are, apparently, okay with the drug life.

The judge will do everything possible to make you see the error in that thought process.

Of course, you may never get this. Right about now, mom and dad are getting home and everything you own is about to be sold for the legal fees.
Jeff, that would only be true if his mom and dad gave a darn. Hopefully you're right.

Kiawah

No i sold it in front of his house, over 1000 feet away from school, actually about 3 miles away from school.
Should have paid a little more attention in math class, check your conversion factors.

commentator

There's a big if. IF mom and dad get involved, if there is a concerned "mom and dad" in this situation, if there is a "stable appearing home atmosphere," if they hire a semi decent attorney for you instead of a really overtaxed and harried system attorney, and if said attorney promises the judge you are on your 13 year old way to rehab verrreeee soon, you might get less, but my suspicion is that because of the prior charge, you're going to be looking at some juvie time. Do not get any homemade tattoos.

Last edited:

Mataeous

but the reason im confused is that my friend didnt get any lawful punishment? he had the weed on him, he admitted to smoking and all he got was 10 days out of school, PS he was charged with me on the ritalin too and alll he gets is 10 days outta school. i dont see how 10 days outta school and juvie match up

cyjeff

but the reason im confused is that my friend didnt get any lawful punishment? he had the weed on him, he admitted to smoking and all he got was 10 days out of school, PS he was charged with me on the ritalin too and alll he gets is 10 days outta school. i dont see how 10 days outta school and juvie match up
Because dealing drugs is much worse than possessing them.

commentator

And learn this very young. Your so-called friends will sing like little canaries when it comes to getting them out of something at your expense. Everything illegal you do, you must do with the assumption that if there is another person involved, you will get caught, and the other person will say it is all your fault.

I sold my friend a 5 bag of weed outside of school at his house. He brought it to school and got caught with it. He told the cops that I sold it to him. I got pulled in and searched for hours at school and I didnt tell them anything or confess. Now the cops are going to come to my house and question me and I'm probably going to confess, considering i have marijuana in my system and my friend wrote against me and signed it and I dont want to go to court. My first charge was 2 months ago, for selling 3 ritalin. Still havent heard from that. and now theres this, distributing and smoking weed. note i am only 13 so i would be treated as a juvenile. please tell me what you guys think my sentence will be. and how harshly i will get charged
You should never talk to the police, even if completely innocent of anything. Because even if you are innocent & the police get facts differently from another party (like a mistaken identity - I saw him here where you said you were there) then you can be charged with a crime. Does not matter what the cops say blah blah blah ... they cannot change facts, they are only looking for you to confess or give them enough statements to find you guilty of lying to them ... so shut up & smoke yer weed. You will go far in life continuing down this path.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">