• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MADDMAN1

I was driving a car rented by a friend. We got into an accident. It was my fault. my insurance says my friends insurance co. is the primary. Then Avis. Then mine. Is that correct? This happened in Florida.

BOR

Just wondering if Im going to get sued. I would these 3 companies settle this.
There are 2 styles of naming defendant's, a Permissive Joinder and a Compulsory joinder.

You were the DRIVER, you are certainly a permissive party.

Once sued and not named, then you can claim, if they sue you later, to argue party default.

MADDMAN1

one more

I haven't received anything on a suit yet. The damage to the cars and injury to the other driver is what my insurance doesn't want to pay for. Would my insurance be Primary or Avis or my friends insurance company because he rented the car?

ecmst12

Your insurance won't pay unless both other companies deny, which avis definitely will but your friend's might not.

MADDMAN1

ecmst12

Does that mean that my Insurance will forced to pay if the other co. both send a letter of denial? I just want this to be over even if my rate is raised.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">