• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

watsonsbag

I worked for Dept. of Human Servs. for the State of NJ as an LPN. I made a few medication errors, only 1 that could possibly injure a patient. (That error did not result in any harm to the patient.) I reported the error as per policy. The next day, the supervisor reviewed the errors and offered 2 solutions: either resign in good stead or she would report the situation to the Nursing Board and seek termination of my license. In the meeting was a union representative, and she advised me to fight it. I was in a very disturbed emotional state and signed the paper stating I resigned of my own free will in good stead and that I would never work for the Dept. of Human Servs. again. I was terrified of the threat to take my license away. I feel that I was not in my right mental state when I made this decision for fear of losing my license. The incident happened over 1 1/2 years ago and now I want to know if anything could be done so that I can appeal this based on my mental state at the time (I was and am still under psychiatric care for depression.) and be able to work again (at another facility) for the Dept. of Human Servs. This incident left me and my family in a destitute state (my wife is disabled) and the state is in drastic need of nurses and I know that at least 2 places want to hire me back but they are under the Dept. of Human Servs and I was told I could not even apply. (I have never encountered any problems in my previous 28 years of nursing until working for this one particular facility). Is there any way now that I can fight the decision or the manner in which it was made? Any help would be most appreciated....Jim H.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">