• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rearended other party not paying medical bills (insurance refusing to pay)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amw123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,
I was rearended in May of this year, not my fault. No damage to bumper, tiny evidence of impact in the internal bumper (underneath). Other parties insured paid for bumper repair, but wont pay for any of my medical bills- chiropractor up to $1400 now. I have tried to write a letter and they still say denied. I have pain 20 % of the time (in a given month, needing pain meds 2-4 x a month or Ibupfofin at least 4-6 x a month). It is a cervical injury, and my body lunged forward when I was hit (whiplash). The only thing I can get from a lawyer is a demand letter and one neurologist and one orthopedist have refused to see me unless I pay CASH- one quoted $300 and the other $750 for first visit. I have had previous whiplashes so I know the pain will never go away. I know I will continue to need occasional chiro tx to keep the pain at bay. Is there some agency I can contact that will provide me with a neurologist /ortho MD that can at least look at my xrays w/o expecting cash upfront. I know I have to present this conventional review of my injury because the insurance companies today like to see CONVENTIONAL assessments and evalutations to better my chances of getting a settlement for my injury. Im not even gonna ask for that much maybe $5000 in personal injury so I can pay my chiro his bill and I have some $ leftover for future adjustments. I had no problem with getting a settlement 10 yrs ago and the other insurance paid everything and these were former rearended whiplash injuries (again not my fault). Any help/info would help...as I sit here in intermittent pain...off and on...wondering how Im gonna pay my chiro and the other party walks away SCOTT free and so does his insured GEICO! this is so unthetical !!!...

Ann

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,
I was rearended in May of this year, not my fault. No damage to bumper, tiny evidence of impact in the internal bumper (underneath). Other parties insured paid for bumper repair, but wont pay for any of my medical bills- chiropractor up to $1400 now. I have tried to write a letter and they still say denied. I have pain 20 % of the time (in a given month, needing pain meds 2-4 x a month or Ibupfofin at least 4-6 x a month). It is a cervical injury, and my body lunged forward when I was hit (whiplash). The only thing I can get from a lawyer is a demand letter and one neurologist and one orthopedist have refused to see me unless I pay CASH- one quoted $300 and the other $750 for first visit. I have had previous whiplashes so I know the pain will never go away. I know I will continue to need occasional chiro tx to keep the pain at bay. Is there some agency I can contact that will provide me with a neurologist /ortho MD that can at least look at my xrays w/o expecting cash upfront. I know I have to present this conventional review of my injury because the insurance companies today like to see CONVENTIONAL assessments and evalutations to better my chances of getting a settlement for my injury. Im not even gonna ask for that much maybe $5000 in personal injury so I can pay my chiro his bill and I have some $ leftover for future adjustments. I had no problem with getting a settlement 10 yrs ago and the other insurance paid everything and these were former rearended whiplash injuries (again not my fault). Any help/info would help...as I sit here in intermittent pain...off and on...wondering how Im gonna pay my chiro and the other party walks away SCOTT free and so does his insured GEICO! this is so unthetical !!!...

Ann
If you are having pain that never goes away (from previous whiplash injuries), then how do you intend to prove that your current pain was caused by THIS incident?

ecmst12

The way it works is YOU pay the bills, THEN you get a settlement from the insurance company. You have to complete the treatment to justify the money you are asking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">