• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold turns toxic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jharb76

I am currently renting out a basement and recently discovered mold along the baseboard of the walls. My landlord tore down the wall and discovered a huge crack along the concrete wall. To fix the problem they used a roofing agent called Henry 209. After the patch was complete they placed drywall back on the wall but now there is a toxic smell emitting from the wall that is deeply concerning me as my roommate and her 2yr old son sleep in the room that the repair was made and the repair was also made in the living room.

After doing some research I learned the chemical trimethylbenzene is an ingredient. I explained to my landlord that this chemical is not safe and the data sheet explicitly states that the product is for "external use only". My concerns expressed to her have fallen on deaf ears and now I do not know where else to turn.

After expressing to her our concern she has said we can eand the lease early but we must make a decision by this Friday which does not give us much time to find a place and seems to me that she is covering her butt so we do not cause any problems.

Isis1

If it's toxic, you need to move out. As well as the mom and her child.

The person to determine that, would be a health inspector.

justalayman

what options you may have depend on the state this is in and for some reason, not only didn't you answer the question when asked, you deleted it entirely.

I'll presume that means you don't really want an answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">