• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Response to summons question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eze

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

My wife filed for divorce several months ago. I got a summons stating that I needed to give a response in a certain amount of time which has long since past. I hired an attorney before that time period expired in order to file a response because I strongly disagreed with her conditions and didn't want a default judgement. I have since discovered that my attorney has not filed a response and overall has seemed very bad in general. In fact he has seemed to do very little but bill me. Am I in trouble and if so what do I do about it now? Is there anyway to file a late response? A default judgement has not been entered. We are in the middle of the discovery process at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">