• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICECREAMMANRAN

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California,police gave CI money to make a controlled buy from me at my apartment 10 but the CI never came to my house or made a buy from me,instead the CI went to a different apartment ,no.7 and bought it from someone complety different,my neighbor and went back and told the police she got it from me,clearly a lie ,and the police got a search warrent for my apartment no.10.that should be grounds for dismisle,right

justalayman

not if the CI maintains the claim it was you and your apartment they made the buy at. You would have to refute their claim of such in court.

CdwJava

If you are charged, your attorney can make a motion to suppress the evidence if the state cannot reasonably show that the CI made the buy from you.

However, it is rare that a CI makes a sale without direct observation or electronic monitoring.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">