• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitation issue in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California State:

What is the operative statue of limitation to sue a police officer in federal court for a 4th amendment violation in the State of California?

Is the statue of limitations for suing an officer the same as suing the county and board of directors for the creation of unconstitutional police department policy procedures which caused the violation?

The details of the arrest and search are as follows if needed:

I was pulled over while driver a dirt bike on private property. The cop turned on his flashing lights behind my bike. He then told me to take my helmet off and ordered me to empty my pockets... he said he got reports of burglaries in area. The cop said he thought I was high on drugs, and he arrested me for being under the influence of a controlled substance. He then towed my truck and my bike off of the private property. He took me down to the Eureka police station and tied me down to a chair against my will and took a blood test. This arrest occurred on the date 2/23/2009. The Judge threw the case out because there were no exigent circumstances for the officer to force me to do a blood draw and ordered that there was a 4th amendment violation under the circumstances. I filed an administrative tort claim against the officer and the county and the Director of policy etc. and the Board of Supervisors rejected the claim. I did this within the 6 month time period for filing torts in the State. But now I need to know the above questions about the current California Statute of limitations for filing a 42 U.S.C. 1983 complaint against the officer and the county & directors... because the research I have done have produced several conflicting results. Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">