• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stuck in a pickle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Matrix

I live in Northern Ca. and am currently on disability waiting for work comp to honor my claim. I was denied by the work comp insurance carrier in this matter and was forced to hire an Attorney to pursue my rights. He is working on it and I am waiting to hear. I also have a Civil claim against my employer for damages related to the disability they caused, and my other Attorney is in the process of settling in that matter. They have made a couple of offers and we are trying to agree on a settlement. They want me to go away and have acknowledged wrong doing by making me an offer. My question is this. do I still have a work comp claim if I settle in the Civil matter, or can I pursue both and not have any conflict? My Civil Attorney seems to think they will want me to drop work comp claim if they settle civily, but I feel I will not get compensated appropriatley if I drop work comp. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">