• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he's gonna kill us!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crazy Neighbor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
Our neighbor has been harrassing us since we moved in 2 years ago. My younger sister (18) seems to be the focus of his activity. We think his actions are racially motivated, because he only started calling the police AFTER my sister's boyfriend (a hispanic) started coming around to see her.The first week we noticed him sitting in his upstairs bedroom with his shirt off, watching us, while we were out on the porch having a cigarette. About a week later my sister and I were again, out having a cigarette, when a police oficer pulled up, and said that someone had called in and reported that we were smoking marijuana. we let the cop search us, and there was, of course no marijuana, so he left. That was just the beginning of his calls to 911, and false claims to local authorities about our family. This man even called CPS, and said that my sister was truant, and we were prostituting her from the house! Just because we have a few teenagers that come by to see her, or pick her up for work. CPS closed the case when they found out she was 18. We have come home to find our porch furniture strowed around, our mail gone through.. and yes, believe it or not- but our dog was shaved in one strip up his back one time...we had no PHYSICAL PROOF that this man had done these things, but we knew it was him. then he started verbally assaulting my sister while we were at work, everytime she would go out to smoke, he would sit at his window, and say "whore", "slut"...etc. She would tell him to shut up, quit stalking her..etc.. then he would call the police. Say she was smoking weed, or trespassing on his property, etc..

Last weekend things elevated. My sister and about 3 friends were sitting out on the porch around 9pm, Mom was asleep in the next room, they were not being loud. When the neighbor came out and told my sister to not let any of her friends trespass on hisproperty. She told him to go back inside, they were all just sitting there, on the porch. He told her to shut her F&*)ing mouth, or he'd get his gun. She told him to get it. and he did. He came onto our property with a shotgun in his hand, held it up to my sister's head, held it up to her boyfriend's head, threatened their lives.
My Mom had woken up and called 911. When the cops arrived they did NOT arrest the neighbor, he was still on the property and holding his gun. WHY?
we have reported this man several times to the authorities, and they have done nothing. He pulls a gun on my family and threatens them, and he is not arrested RIGHT THEN? so, I had to find out why. turns out he and his wife DONATE to the local PD & SO... she is on the Rotary Club. Their son (a slain officer) has a momorial bench in city park, which they also donated to...
The Sargeant and someone from their Central Intelligence Unit, came by yesterday while we were at work, and told my sister that if she did not sign over papers, saying that she would drop the charges (felony 2)- they were going to take her to jail right then for trespassing and criminal misconduct. (heresay)
She was scared and intimidated, and reluctanlty signed...
Now she's at home alone, studying on-line, and I'm at work...this guy...he scares me...i'm afraid to leave her there alone anymore! what can we do??!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

Sounds like it is time to invest in a home surveillance system. It may also be time to consider moving if this is causing such fear and the police are unwilling or unable to take action against the neighbors (assuming, of course, they don't have another side of the story that makes similar sense).

The police tend to believe people they know. If they know this other family, and they don't know yours, then they will tend to believe the people they know. Disappointing, but true.

The strong arm tactics and threats are, IMHO, unprofessional and possibly illegal. But, proving that your account is the sole and true account would be difficult.

You might also consider consulting an attorney as to other options that might be available - such as a restraining order against the neighbor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">