• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferred adjudication dallas, tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Willyam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Hey guys, i am rather confused at the moment. A couple of months back, I received a ticket for speeding, so i took defensive driving to not have it on my record. Then I got a ticket for going straight at a right turn only in Dallas, and since i already did defensive driving, i went and had it deferred and 90 day probation. I went to the court and they told me that because I am 18 I have to take defensive driving as part of deferred adjudication, and not for ticket dismissal. So I am sitting here and looking at the papers, and see that i also have to include a notarized affidavit saying that I have not taken an approved driving safety course within the 12 months preceding the offense.
Problem is, my records are not clean because of the previous ticket.

So, if anyone have any advice on what on should do, that would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Will

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">