• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TASING, Bias Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cargita

I have filed a civil case after being tased in my home.The Federal Judge that will preside over the case called my home w/ my attorney a year ago. I taped the call wherein the judge made it clear that he had already formed his opinion. The judge stated I would not get anything for PTSD, even though he had not seen or heard ANY testimony from my expert witnesses. He also told me if I didn't settle I could loose my home and never be able to get credit. My question is: Can I have this federal judge removed from my case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.

latigo

SURE! It happens all the time. A United States District Judge called to tell you to back off of your lawsuit or else.

[And Ralphie’s friend Flick actually "saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store”!]

But if this is all so, you should show no hesitancy in promptly answering a few simple question about your lawsuit.

 In which of the four separate Federal Districts of California is the case supposedly pending.
 What is the federal jurisdiction relied upon, a l983 case or diversity of citizenship?
 What is the case number and date of filing?
 Give the name, address and telephone number of the attorney representing the defendant.
 State the full name of the judge that supposedly called you.

Dave1952

If you have an attorney then why are you asking here? What does he say? I can see no reason why an attorney who is instructed by his client to rack up billable hours would refuse to do so. He'll get paid whether the judge is replaced or not.

Good luck

tranquility

While I completely agree with the previous two posters, to answer the question:

Yes, you can have a federal judge removed from your case if you can prove he made an ex parte communication with you telling that even before he has heard the evidence he will decide the case against you because of bias and then uses extortion to try and force a settlement.

Absolutely. In fact, you might even want to prove it to the federal prosecutor in the district as it seems like such a judge has committed multiple felonies as well.

Hot Topic

I'm sure you checked with Colorado law before you taped the conversation with the judge to see if it was legal. How handy that you happened to have a loaded tape machine available when he called.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">