• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I going to get arrested or sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bentley84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Okay, lived with my wife for three years she decided to leave me and I left the house. For the first three weeks after the breakup I called her 100 times a day, sent her 100 text messages and sent her some emails....there were a couple occasions that I was so angry about something that I emailed her non-stop and called her a Bitch and this and that. Never threaned her life or anyone elses life, however she told me she had become scared of me. Anyway, I turn to alcohol and called her 2 times at 4 AM**************..again, its been a difficult time and feel bad and for the past 10 days I have not contacted her only to get some of my possesion. She had my passport which she did not want to return so many of the reason I called over and over was because she did not want to give me my ID.

Anyway, now that I told her I was going back the city because I like it she is angry and is trying to gather all the emails ...calls and nasty rants to get me arrested for harassment or stalking. I'm not an American I'm a student so now she wants to get me deported.

anearthw

Yes, she certainly has enough reason to lay a complaint with the police for harassment (and possibly cyberstalking as well). Whether or not you get arrested (or sued) is impossible to say but that amount of texting, emails, and phone calls is pretty severe and I cannot see why you would NOT be arrested for such actions. 100x a day for 3 weeks is disturbing.

dave33

It is impossible to predict what the d.a. will do. Even if they decide not to proceed with criminal charges, the e-mails may likely be enough reason for a no-contact order. It is more than likely that no civil action (sued) will be a factor at this point.gdlck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">