• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Claim with no accident report or police involvment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ikaruga7889

Appleton WI
I am being demanded to pay the insurance company of another motorist the sum of $1,500, for a parking lot accident where my SUV rolled from one inclined parking stall into another parking stall 15 ft away causing very very light minimal damage to another SUV. The damaged didnt go further than a few scratches in the paint. I was not even in the vehicle at the time, the parking brake had come undone some how and the truck rolled. Now since there was almost no damage the guy did not call the police for this matter and said it was fine. He must have written down my plate number and then reported a bogus claim to his insurance. I am unsure of what to do with the insurance claim as this was a winter vehicle I had only taken to gas up for the year and did not have insurance on it yet.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

you have given no reason you should not be liable for the damages, and actually every reason you should be so unless you can show why you shouldn't be held liable, the proper action for you would be to pay the demand.

hitmizzle

So, a vehicle was damaged, directly, by your vehicle... and you accuse the owner of that vehicle of filing a "bogus" claim with his own insurance company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">