• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OT: There ARE Honest People Out There!! :))

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma.

I was at the Grocery Store. As I was driving off a woman approached my car. She had hit my bumper (before I came out of the store) and wanted to give me her insurance info. She could have taken off and I would have never known who hit me...I probably wouldn't have seen the damage for several days...
She probably caused 3 or 4 hundred dollars worth of damage...But I likely will not report the incident. I am just so amazed that she waited for me to come out of the store so that she could let me know that she had hit my car!!

It is worth absorbing the cost just to let a truly nice and honest person "slid" on her surcharge.
My point of this thread? None really. Just thinking how thankful I am that there are neighbors that are so nice.

:)
Blue

CourtClerk

I had the same thing happen to me several years ago except he cause several thousand dollars in damage. Even rented me a car out of his own pocket because insurance was dragging their feet. Glad it worked out for you.

Country Living

I think people inherently want to do the right thing. Unfortunately, some of them don't know what the right thing is.... I remember a time when values didn't have to be taught in an academic setting - they were learned from role models (primarily parents / grandparents / aunts and uncles).

Good for you! I hope Lil' Blue understands and appreciates the strong moral compass both you and that lady possess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">