• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mellen93

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I was offered a settlement of roughly $10,000 and wonder what I should counter-offer. There is not enough damage to have a lawyer.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

That's a rather vague question. You didn't give the nature of the injury, what are you medical expenses, your potential medical expenses, or any other damages you may have sustained.

So, ask for $1 million dollars.

mellen93

I have already covered all my other medical expenses through my own car insurance and a second insurance company. I had a labral tear and had surgery back in April. I am still regaining full use of my arm. I also missed 2 weeks of work. I know that my injury would not be considered major. I am also not one to expect to get a ton of free cash ever in my life,.

ecmst12

You are in no position to settle until your treatment is complete and you know what, if any, permanent limitations you will have.

Some Random Guy

You should also be aware that if your injuries are paid for by the settlement, then your insurance company may want their money back. Whether they can get it depends on state law and whether your settlement is greater than your other losses, such as lost income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">