• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court date sent after the court date passed!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scsharma007

CA, I got a ticket on 10/31/10 the officer wrote on the ticket for the court date "To be notified" yesterday (11/22/10) around 3:00pm the mail came in, and it was for my court date which said i was to appear in court on 11/22/10 at 8:30 am! I went to the court this morning 11/23/10 and they said "dont drive because if you get pulled over you'll be arrested for you warrent for not appearing in court!" they also said theres nothing they can do until 12/8/10 (my new court date) about the warrent but there's also a "no show" that will be on my record...Is there anything I can do to get that off my record considering it was there fault?!
Please Please help! I cannot afford to be arrested due to something that they did

Dave1952

You could hire an attorney to take care of this for you but since it's going to be dealt with on the 8th it's probably cheaper to arrange with friends for some rides and take a cab or two.

Good luck

davew128

You could have contacted the court online and gotten your appearance date from the citation number. I for one would not have waited three weeks without knowing when I was supposed to appear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">