• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mother's will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktang

My mom passed away from cancer about a month ago. When she did her will with my cousins and the lawyer, she left $50,000 dollars behind for me. My cousin is the executor. He said that my mom told him to handle my money for me. Now with that said, Does that mean that he has total control over my money, and that he chooses when and how much to give me? I'm 21 years of age,pregnant,I have no vehicle to get anywhere,I would like to go to school to be a nurse and I need that money to help me. I'm looking to invest a lot of that money in a C.D also. My cousin told me that I won't be getting a single dime until I'm about 45 or 50 years of age. Is that possible? Is it Legal? Can my father and I talk to that Lawyer to change this?

Last edited:

anteater

Please do not ignore the question about what state you are in.

Do you have a copy of the will? If not, call or go to the probate court in the county in which your mother resided and get a copy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">