• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search Warrant ?sss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edhill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tenn

Im not going to get into what the search warrant is for but I have a ?

In the top paragraph it states...

Proof by "Affidavit for search warrant...and goes on as to why they are searching and the name of the residence Bob Smith ...and that name there is the right name

But in the 2nd paragraph it states

YOU ARE THEREFORE COMMANDED to make forthwith search of the residence in the possession of JOHN DOE, alias or other residence being more particularly described as: Then goes into the location etc of the residence etc and what they are searching for

My ? is the name in the second part John Doe is not the same as the name in the first paragraph.... I have never heard of the second name and he is not in possession of the residence

Am i reading this wrong or whats the deal?...do they have that name wrong..because that name is not in possession of the searched house

Last edited:

justalayman

a search warrant is for a particular place, not a person.

So, it says they want to search Bob Smiths residence with some specified address and they searched Bob Smiths residence with that specified address, correct?

YOU ARE THEREFORE COMMANDED to make forthwith search of the residence in the possession of JOHN DOE, alias or other residence being more particularly described as: Then goes into the location etc of the residence etc and what they are searching for

Is your house described after "other residence"? It doesn't say your residence is possessed by JOHN DOE. It says they can search the residence in the possession of John Doe OR other residence (your house apparently)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">