• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First and second husbands ganging up on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morganaleigh

What is the name of your state: New York

I am currently going through my second divorce. My second husband has hired the same lawyer my first husband uses for child custody hearings. The two of them are now sharing information about their respective cases with each other through this lawyer. The allegations made against me by my second husband in the divorce are now turning up in custody hearings with my first husband. Is this legal, and is there anything I can do to stop them from essentially ganging up on me? Also, my first husband has granted visitation with our daughter to my second husband and his family, at my second husband's home, which was kept secret from me until my daughter told me. They now have more time with her than I do. We have joint custody (he has physical placement right now, due in part to some of the divorce allegations), and I don't feel it is in my daughter's best interest to be around my second husband because of the divorce, which has turned quite nasty, and he has already told her it is my fault we are getting divorced (she is 7). What can I do about this whole situation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state: New York

I am currently going through my second divorce. My second husband has hired the same lawyer my first husband uses for child custody hearings. The two of them are now sharing information about their respective cases with each other through this lawyer. The allegations made against me by my second husband in the divorce are now turning up in custody hearings with my first husband. Is this legal, and is there anything I can do to stop them from essentially ganging up on me? Also, my first husband has granted visitation with our daughter to my second husband and his family, at my second husband's home, which was kept secret from me until my daughter told me. They now have more time with her than I do. We have joint custody (he has physical placement right now, due in part to some of the divorce allegations), and I don't feel it is in my daughter's best interest to be around my second husband because of the divorce, which has turned quite nasty, and he has already told her it is my fault we are getting divorced (she is 7). What can I do about this whole situation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Honestly no, there really isn't anything that you can do about it. Maybe you could object to your second husband using the same attorney, but that won't stop the two ex's from ganging up on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">