• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any way to rush a divorce???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JessicaS3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
My father has been going through a simple divorce for years now (no custody issues and not much money involved). He has recently found out that he is terminally ill and his ex is dragging everything out hoping that he will die and she will get everything. Is this true? Also, is there any way that the courts will rush the divorce so this can't happen? Thanks for any advice, this is a difficult time.
Jessica

JessicaS3

Yes he has a lawyer although I don't think he has told him about his health. And yes he has changed the beneficiaries but they are still legally married. He changed the beneficiaries to myself and my sister, so I guess we would have to fight her for his share of the estate if something should happen to him?
Jessica

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">