• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Milhouse68

I was caught for shoplifting. The police came because I told the LP a different address than my ID said because I just moved. was not taken to jail and was not written a citation. I signed a paper saying I wouldn't come back but I kept that copy. The police and LP said I would get letter by mail. I received a letter from kohls asking for $200 dollars and I don't pay said I would have to go to civil court. Will I be summons to court for a criminal charge? (Indiana)

CdwJava

If the police did not arrest you or release you with a notice to appear, chances are you will not have to go to court. No one can say with any certainty one way or the other, but I would think it unlikely.

jacksgal

Failing to pay the Civil demand can result in many negative actions not exluding filing of criminal chagrges nbot filed at time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">