• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Darkkross1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My wife has left me to live with her parents after 5 years of being married. She left with nothing,no cloths,no house keys. just the cloths she was wearing,her purse and two jackets. She wants to come in and get some of her belongings.Do I have to let her in or can I tell her "no". I read someplace that I have a legal right to deny her entry to the house. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why would you want to deny her getting her belongings? Or are you planning to wear her panties?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My wife has left me to live with her parents after 5 years of being married. She left with nothing,no cloths,no house keys. just the cloths she was wearing,her purse and two jackets. She wants to come in and get some of her belongings.Do I have to let her in or can I tell her "no". I read someplace that I have a legal right to deny her entry to the house. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You absolutely do NOT have the right to refuse her access to the marital home - period.

Not until a court order says you can.

Darkkross1

Ok, I just wanted to know so I can do the right thing. Maybe she will come back,we have been talking the past week.

Darkkross1

We talked on the phone and I did tell her. After about 20 minutes of yelling at each other we calmed down and worked it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">