• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

request for free legal help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vlv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oklahoma.I was married in India to an Indian who is at present in the USA.I had never stepped into USA(always have been in India only)and the kids are born in India only.Now my husband(who is in OKLAHOMA,USA),filed for divorce in USA.I never came to USA,so I don't even have the required immigration documents to travel to USA to present myself in the court and defend myself.I was sent summons from the court about the filing for the divorce.Hence I submitted the documents with regard to the jurisdiction of the country in which the marriage took place and requested for the transfer of the case to India and also expressed my concerns with regard to the travel issues.The court accepted the objection.But later on I was shocked when I received information from the court that the decree of divorce has been granted.Inspite of my repeated pleas, the court didn't consider my request and worst is that the court is not even ready for reconsidering the case.I have got two kids and am staying with my aged parents and me and my kids are totally dependent on my parents for everything.My husband is well settled in USA, & we(me and the kids) have never got any kind of support(moral,family,economical) from my husband.I court didn't consider my plea even for the child support or the alimony.I am left with nothing now.I request ur kind;y advise with regard to this matter.I would be very much thankful if you can advise me as to what further steps can I take up so that me and the kids can atleast get minimum survival support and alimony.I request you to kindly do the needful in helping me out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oklahoma.I was married in India to an Indian who is at present in the USA.I had never stepped into USA(always have been in India only)and the kids are born in India only.Now my husband(who is in OKLAHOMA,USA),filed for divorce in USA.I never came to USA,so I don't even have the required immigration documents to travel to USA to present myself in the court and defend myself.I was sent summons from the court about the filing for the divorce.Hence I submitted the documents with regard to the jurisdiction of the country in which the marriage took place and requested for the transfer of the case to India and also expressed my concerns with regard to the travel issues.The court accepted the objection.But later on I was shocked when I received information from the court that the decree of divorce has been granted.Inspite of my repeated pleas, the court didn't consider my request and worst is that the court is not even ready for reconsidering the case.I have got two kids and am staying with my aged parents and me and my kids are totally dependent on my parents for everything.My husband is well settled in USA, & we(me and the kids) have never got any kind of support(moral,family,economical) from my husband.I court didn't consider my plea even for the child support or the alimony.I am left with nothing now.I request ur kind;y advise with regard to this matter.I would be very much thankful if you can advise me as to what further steps can I take up so that me and the kids can atleast get minimum survival support and alimony.I request you to kindly do the needful in helping me out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The court could give him a divorce without ordering support/alimony as they had no personal jurisdiction over you. You can possibly sue in India for such things. Are the children HIS children? The court had NO JURISDICTION over the children in order to rule on support or custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">