• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident insurace claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bb030893

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

My daughter passed away after an automobile accident where she was a passenger and the driver had no insurance. I had my daughter on my policy with uninsured motorist, how long should it take to finalize a claim with my insurance company? We are trying to get her a headstone before Christmas.

bb030893

Auto accident

I did get a lawyer, this has been going on since February. I was told it would be 3 months...then 2 more weeks ...then 2 more weeks...then 45 days, etc. I feel like the lawyer is not doing his job. I just wanted to know how long it usually takes for a claim like this to settle.

ecmst12

I wouldn't expect it to be done in less then a year. Your lawyer should have given you more realistic expectations.

I am sorry for your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">