• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if you can't trust a lawyer......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcoy

hi! I live in south carolina.my husband and I retained a lawyer in july 2010 to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy on our behalf. his fee for this was $1849. After scrapping together the money, and jumping thru hoops to obtain paperwork from our creditors, irs, banks, etc., he was paid in full. Spoke to legal asst. oct.25 because they needed more documents and I was told they we going to file very soon. After several unanswered phone calls to each of his offices(he has four sepate offices in four separate cities),as of yesterday(nov. 30)all of the phones have been disconnected!!! Not only am I out the desperately needed money, but all my documentation as well. NOW WHAT???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">