• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Papercut341

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was given a summary offense citation for retail theft. 3929 (a)(1) at a walmart. I have not gone for fingerprints yet but have been scheduled to do so. I was released to my parents for shoplifting when i was 14 and did not go to court or anything. I'm 21 now.

My question is, Can this be charged as a second offense if the first one was when i was a juvenile?
I remember when i was in custody, the officer called the station said i had no prior records.

Thanks

Last edited:

FlyingRon

The way Pennsylvania sentencing works probably not. I suppose if the info came out in a presentence investigation or the like, the judge or the prosecutor might be disinclined to cut you any leniency. Seeing how they gave you the summary ticket only, they're not counting it against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">