• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witness lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ceceluv1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny.

My son was involved in a car accident while coming home from work. The car is registered under my name, insured and my son is put down as the driver so everything is legit. He was at an intersection which has a slight curve and the light also has an arrow to go left. My son's light was green with a green arrow and as he proceeded to make the left, the other vehicle went straight and crashed into my son totaling the car. Thank goodness my son wasn't hurt. A so called witness stated my son's light was red and my son even got a ticket because he "ate" the light. Now this "witness" is saying oh no the light was a steady green and there was no arrow. Totally changed his story, Y? Because he is lieng. The driver and witnessed must've spoken and realized that if my son's light was red then that means his light was red too meaning he ate the light as well if my son did. This witness (for whatever reason) lied to help the other driver. The light was green with a green arrow. My question is can I do anything about this? I'm still waiting for the insurance company to make their decision.l

ecmst12

Prove that the witness (who if he is a true independent witness with no prior relationship with either driver has no reason to lie) and not your son (who DOES have an interest in the outcome of the investigation) is the liar.

Dave1952

Do you have any proof that the witness said your son's light was red and that he changed his story? Is there any statement as to why he changed his story?
You seem to be assuming a lie but that may not be the only explanation.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">