• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lezlie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida.. My husband and i are getting divorced soon and have agreed that in 6 months the assets will be split. Our divorce will occur prior. we have a paid off manufactured home that both of us contributed 10k each. should i obtain an apprasal on it. he states its worth nothing now and wants to keep it. How do i stop him from selling it and taking the money? he is in possession of most assets as well.. will a court take into consideration if i list all items and values then add it up and see how much each of us have?

mistoffolees

You will be entitled to 1/2 of the marital equity in the home. But the court isn't going to accept simply your word for it. They won't accept your husband's word, either, unless you simply let him get away with it.

You will need a valid appraisal. While you could pay for an appraisal, I'm not sure that the results would be any better than getting a few Realtor appraisals.

However, if you bought it recently, the marital equity might be lower than you think. If you were to sell it today, closing costs would likely be between 7 and 10% of the value. In addition, some of the money you spent paid for closing costs and perhaps other items that you won't get any resale value for.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Honestly, it is unlikely that you will be divorced sooner than six months, since your custody situation is temporary pending re-mediation in six months.

Since you have an attorney, I would address the property issues with him and concentrate on doing what you need to do to make the 50/50 plan work for your child and for you to become stable so that the review in six months is favorable. That is much more important at this point than "stuff".

Lezlie

Thank you

I am very stable and flexable which just makes my husband more upset. Before i took care of the baby, worked and his mother. Over the next six months i will be the same. Thank you

Lezlie

husband pain

On the mediation court order it states we have to follow sunday to sunday 6 pm equal time. It also has a part which allows us to optionally have her on wednesday night 6-7. Is this optional to not allow the other parent to have our baby that night. I hurt so much without my baby and feel like i need help now. My atty yelled at me to do 50/50. How do i live with this

mistoffolees

On the mediation court order it states we have to follow sunday to sunday 6 pm equal time. It also has a part which allows us to optionally have her on wednesday night 6-7. Is this optional to not allow the other parent to have our baby that night. I hurt so much without my baby and feel like i need help now. My atty yelled at me to do 50/50. How do i live with this
Just do what your attorney says.

You'll get used to 50:50 - and you're lucky to have that much.

Your endless complaining and moaning can not have a good effect on your child.

Lezlie

divorce

We have gone far into the process of mediation and temporary orders. He lives in one county and I live in another. Our court is in a totally different county all together.. Can i still move the case to my county?

ecmst12

It is not YOUR option whether to allow him the time. It is HIS option whether to use the time. Alternately, on his week, it is YOUR choice whether you take the baby on the weeknight, and HE does not have the choice to stop you.

LdiJ

Just do what your attorney says.

You'll get used to 50:50 - and you're lucky to have that much.

Your endless complaining and moaning can not have a good effect on your child.
Yes, but if the child really is a baby, an actual infant, then that particular kind of 50/50 schedule is HORRIBLE for the child.

Lezlie

court orders

This far into the process. The county the case is in is not a county either of us live in but he might move to that county..Can i move the case to my county?

mistoffolees

This far into the process. The county the case is in is not a county either of us live in but he might move to that county..Can i move the case to my county?
Ask your attorney.

You've got a long, drawn-out mess with infinite complications. You've gotten a lot of advice which you mostly want to ignore. Why should anyone here second-guess what your attorney is telling you?

Lezlie

Divorced

My divorce from the whole case has been bifuricated and we were granted the divorce. Got papers the other day. I go back to mediation in 6 months. Should i keep going with 50/50 for the next 3 years till my daughter goes to regular school? Or should i get a child psycologist to state she needs to be in one daycare only in 6 months.

mistoffolees

My divorce from the whole case has been bifuricated and we were granted the divorce. Got papers the other day. I go back to mediation in 6 months. Should i keep going with 50/50 for the next 3 years till my daughter goes to regular school? Or should i get a child psycologist to state she needs to be in one daycare only in 6 months.
How do you get a child psychologist to state that?

Look, you've been told repeatedly - you got a very fair deal considering the circumstances. Why are you constantly looking to rock the boat? If you keep it up, the court may get tired of you and tell you to get lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">