• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served but not legally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K26Koeppe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
Thanks for all the replies! This is a great site! I forgot to add that the papers I was handed by my wife was dated back in July of this year. I wonder if there is a time frame that these were supposed to be delivered by? Or can she hand them to me at anytime she chooses. I do know from a Nebraska lawyer that the legal paperwork has to be delivered by a sheriff or a constable. So far no one like that has shown up. Thanks for the help I have received so far!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
Thanks for all the replies! This is a great site! I forgot to add that the papers I was handed by my wife was dated back in July of this year. I wonder if there is a time frame that these were supposed to be delivered by? Or can she hand them to me at anytime she chooses. I do know from a Nebraska lawyer that the legal paperwork has to be delivered by a sheriff or a constable. So far no one like that has shown up. Thanks for the help I have received so far!
You should have posted this response on your original thread, rather than starting a new thread. I know the forums can be confusing if you are not used to posting on this kind of forum, but starting a new thread to reply to a previous one just confuses things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">