• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California prop 215 and CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pastlife209

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

If a person with a medical marijuana prescription were to have police come to their house for questioning, and they entered forcefully, finding marijuana cultivation that IS within the prop 215 limit, could the patient potentially lose their child to CPS?

I also have been hearing rumors that the Obama administration will not prosecute small time 215 patients anymore. Is this true?

CdwJava

While the feds may not prosecute for California's medicinal marijuana possession, that does NOT give you free reign to subject children to the smoke and associated activity with regards to sales and other potential offenses. If you smoke it in the presence of the children, you can expect to face possible child neglect charges and could lose the child.

What's more importnat to you? Your kids, or your marijuana?

pastlife209

well I don't have my card yet, I'm thinking of getting it because I'm sick of taking codeine for back pain. I feel it tearing up my liver. I'm just wondering what the potential risks are. And if I were to get my card I would not smoke it because I love my lungs, I would ingest it and keep it in a high cabinet. I would never sell or posses anything to make them think I was selling. I also don't own any weapons or have any ties to drug related crimes in the past.

CdwJava

If ou do get the recommendation, also get the state issued DHS card as that will save you a world of problems. And do not allow kids access or exposure to it at all.

The Occultist

Just because the federal government chooses to not prosecute doesn't mean your local state government, which includes your local branch of CPS, won't prosecute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">