• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Submitting again due to error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K26Koeppe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska
My wife handed me divorce papers on Nov 6th 2010. I have found out since that this is not the legal way to do this in Nebraska. It has to be delivered by sheriff or constable, told to me by a Nebraska lawyer. The papers had a doc number and a case number and was signed and stamped, but they were dated back on July 19th of this year. That being said does anyone know how long those papers would be valid for? That question didn't get answered for me because the date didn't come up in my info searching time with the lawyer. Thank you for any help that can be offered.

K26Koeppe

Does this apply to Nebraska Law?

I'm just checking, but does the 120 days apply to Nebraska law? If so, since I haven't been legally served by now and Nov 19th would be 120 days, my wife will have to refile to get anything done now!

mistoffolees

I'm just checking, but does the 120 days apply to Nebraska law? If so, since I haven't been legally served by now and Nov 19th would be 120 days, my wife will have to refile to get anything done now!
My mistake - I did a search for Nebraska and it happened to pop that one up. I didn't check before posting.

Use Perky's information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">