• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Theft in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magic_appu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi,

I was cught yesterday at Wal-Mart for retail theft amounting 80$. I got processed and cop got my fingerprints. Now what are the options I have to remove this from my criminal record? This is my first offence.

Please let me know,
1. If I should apply for ADR? Is it easy to get? What should I tell the judge to apply for ADR? How long it takes for ADR program?

2. I will be leaving from PA in June 2011. Will it be a problem to move if I am enrolled in ADR? Also, will I be allowed to leave the country in the meanwhile? I am going to Europe in March 2011 for a month.

3. My immigration status is on dependant visa. How will that affect my case?

4. Is it possible to get case dismissed? How can I do that? Who should I contact for the same?

Sorry for tons of questions.

Thank you in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

The term is ARD. ARD is often available to first offenders but it's by and large at the discretion of the district attorney.

If you are moving to another state, you'll need the permission of the probation department as well as the probation department of the state you wish to relocate to.

Travel for those in good standing is also fairly routinely approved.

Since you have a number of issues, I recommend you retain counsel not only familiar with Pennsylvania criminal matters but also with immigration issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">