• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Objections to Findings & Orders After Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phakermat

This is a California case (SoCal) wherein I am PRO PER.

I recently had a hearing where the Findings and Orders are objectionable.
There was an Objection filed by myself in a 28 line pleading form.
It was told to me that I would be best served by filing another "Order to Show Cause" to be reheard.
Can anybody confirm that this is the appropriate action to take?

Also, if an OSC is in order to file, I'd like to include some new info to be heard on.

The first is the fact that I'd like to have the courts temporarily, or permanently, remove my Child Support Payments due to financial Hardships. The courts refused to modify my custody exchange time, which takes place mid-day, disrupting my ability to secure full-time employment. This conflicts w/ the issued Gavron Warning to become self-suficient.
Is there a particular form to file on this issue?

I would also like the ex to submit to a Vocational Examination for reasons pertaining to the above, she was the high gross earner (whom left her job, based on a pre-existing medical condition, to escape Spousal Support payments {she remarried a wealthy man whom supports her fully}), and for the fact that the cause of the development of said medical condition was our pregnancy and now she is actively trying to get pregnant or is pregnant. If she is to sick to work and pregnancy caused her condition but is attempting to recreate this state, something is wrong.
What forms need to be filed for a vocational Exam?
Any other advice on this process is welcome as well.

Once Again,
Thank You Kindly for the advice!

Isis1

You aren't going to be able to stop the child support payments. Regardless of mom's situation, you still have a child and you still have that responsibility. Just because she marries a sugar daddy, doesn't make your responsibility disappear.

You can request a different time for child visitation. You can work around your visitation hours. If your visitation is midday, get a graveyard shift. They still have those, you know.

If you have evidence mom is not disabled, you can request mom to be imputed a minimum wage income.

mistoffolees

If you have evidence mom is not disabled, you can request mom to be imputed a minimum wage income.
Or, in some cases, more.

Let's say Mom was a RN who had been steadily making $70 K - and could step into any number of jobs at $60-70 K tomorrow if she wished. Or a doctor. Or a lawyer. Or a number of other high paying, in-demand professions. The court could impute an income significantly higher than minimum wage.

However, it's not clear that that scenario applies here.

phakermat

You aren't going to be able to stop the child support payments. Regardless of mom's situation, you still have a child and you still have that responsibility. Just because she marries a sugar daddy, doesn't make your responsibility disappear.

You can request a different time for child visitation. You can work around your visitation hours. If your visitation is midday, get a graveyard shift. They still have those, you know.

If you have evidence mom is not disabled, you can request mom to be imputed a minimum wage income

Thanks for the comments Isis. However, visitation is not mid-day, the exchange is. This has hampered my career search (not base wage labor search).
My apologies for the time you wasted between the extra 2 mouse clicks and for the time the reply keystrokes took. I'll try to get down the double post for you:)

If you're familiar with the process and know as to which forms to fill, that info would go far too.

Isis1

I won't conflict courtclerk's informative post. There are no forms. You have to create your own on pleading form. That information hasn't changed.

You are just using excuses to not get a job. Stop it already. No wonder the judge didn't buy you story.

phakermat

Isis1,
Seeing as this is a public forum where people are welcome to come to gather information and advice from those more knowledgeable, Hence, the very name of the SITE, personal comments are best left unsaid.
I am here for advice. You know nothing of my story, other than that of which I post.

"Tell them something GOOD, or tell them nothing at all"

Isis1

Isis1,
Seeing as this is a public forum where people are welcome to come to gather information and advice from those more knowledgeable, Hence, the very name of the SITE, personal comments are best left unsaid.
I am here for advice. You know nothing of my story, other than that of which I post.

"Tell them something GOOD, or tell them nothing at all"
That was good advice. You were given good advice and I advised you to follow it. Just because I refuse to personally type out your motion without a retainer fee, doesn't make my advice bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">