• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daytimer69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If you have a prescription from a physician in a state that has legal medical marijuana can you bring it to Texas and use it for your medication or will you have to go on string narcotics and find a local doctor?

quincy

Because marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug by the federal government, those states that do not have a medical marijuana law can arrest and charge you with use or possession of marijuana.

So, even if you are a card-carrying medical marijuana user in a state that has a medical marijuana law, the fact that marijuana use for medical reasons is legal in your particular state does not make it legal in another.

And, as a note, it is even possible for someone with a medical marijuana card to be arrested in the state that issued the card under their medical marijuana law. Michigan is wrestling with just such a problem right now in some communities.

daytimer69

And, as a note, it is even possible for someone with a medical marijuana card to be arrested in the state that issued the card under their medical marijuana law. Michigan is wrestling with just such a problem right now in some communities

This above seems ridiculous. I know that States rule and it is legal BUT then again, I know that it is not legal as far as the Federal Gov is concerned. I say, just legalize it and be done with it...THEN we can all say bye bye to the drug lord issues we have between us and Mexico

cyjeff

And, as a note, it is even possible for someone with a medical marijuana card to be arrested in the state that issued the card under their medical marijuana law. Michigan is wrestling with just such a problem right now in some communities

This above seems ridiculous. I know that States rule and it is legal BUT then again, I know that it is not legal as far as the Federal Gov is concerned. I say, just legalize it and be done with it...THEN we can all say bye bye to the drug lord issues we have between us and Mexico
Are you kidding?

Since you hijacked the thread, I have to respond to this. What makes you think that if weed, one of the arguably least expensive illegal drugs on the planet, is legalized that all drug lords will simply pack up?

The drug lords will simply move to other illegal and more lucrative drugs... and would move on to others if THOSE were made legal.

To say that criminals would just decide to be farmers because weed is legalized is simplistic and naive claptrap.

CavemanLawyer

Without even going to Federal law it would still be prohibited under Texas law because Texas has no exception for possession of marihuana (In Texas its spelled with an h, don't ask me why) for medical use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">