• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car broke down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

efuller

i bought a van for $2000.00 from a dealer in mississippi on march 26, 2001. on april 14,2001 (19 days and 748 miles later) the transmission went out leaving my family stranded on the interstate. the dealer sold the van "as is" and says there is nothing they can do for me. the repair shop says it will cost $2300.00 to repair the transmission.

i have searched for laws reguarding this but all i find is lemon laws dealing with "new cars".

Is the dealer responsible at all?

L

lawrat

How do I put this? Your duty to have the car inspected prior to purchase is critical. You bought the car "as is", it is a losing battle.

But try this:

http://www.ago.state.ms.us/consprot.htm

M

mary ray

Lawrat is right. Caveat emptor, it's a hard way to learn a lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">