• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kattbird

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

My boyfriend and I are paying for an RV that sits on my lot in the state of Virginia. We have a verbal agreement to pay for the RV together. It is financed in his name. Can he do a will and state that I am to get/take over the RV even though it may not be paid for?
Also, could he do a simple something like that on that Legal zoom website.
Thanks

FlyingRon

Certainly you can create a will, but understand that it might not get you anything. A will can only direct what assets are left in the estate. If your bf has significant debts, you may not get squat. Further, the bank is under no obligation to allow you to assume the loan in this case.

A bigger issue is what happens if you part company now. Since you're not on the loan, I'm guessing you're not on the title either. If he decides to split, you've got little recourse if he takes the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">