• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian Ad Litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misha01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My friend is going through a divorce and the Magistrate has ordered a Guardian Ad Litem. She is unable to pay her half and was told to talk to him about it. She did and he told her if she could not pay that he would have a biased opinion against her when he testifys in court. Any ideas on what she can do? She is afraid that she will lose custody of her children.

Just Blue

My friend is going through a divorce and the Magistrate has ordered a Guardian Ad Litem. She is unable to pay her half and was told to talk to him about it. She did and he told her if she could not pay that he would have a biased opinion against her when he testifys in court. Any ideas on what she can do? She is afraid that she will lose custody of her children.
Please have your "friend" sign up, under her own user name, and ask her own LEGAL questions.

Thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Ask for a new guardian ad litem because the guardian is not supposed to be biased based on payment. Her attorney should also file with the magistrate to have the GAL replaced due to this.

misha01

Thank you Ohiogal for taking the time to respond to my question. I will tell her and hopefully her attorney will do something. Can she go to the Magistrate or does the Attorney have to?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you Ohiogal for taking the time to respond to my question. I will tell her and hopefully her attorney will do something. Can she go to the Magistrate or does the Attorney have to?
Her attorney needs to do any filings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">