• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nenelaw

The wife and I got married in Florida, as we have a condo there. We've never lived in Florida full-time, simply use the condo to spend a few weeks here and there throughout the year. We live full time in Massachusetts.

Now we are contemplating getting divorce.
We would like to get divorced in Florida as it seems to easier to get through the process. Is that possible even though we live in Massachusetts, but have a residence in Florida?

If possible, any good lawyer recommendations?
Thank you.

Proserpina

The wife and I got married in Florida, as we have a condo there. We've never lived in Florida full-time, simply use the condo to spend a few weeks here and there throughout the year. We live full time in Massachusetts.

We would like to get divorced in Florida as it seems to easier to get through the process. Is that possible even though we live in Massachusetts, but have a residence in Florida?

Thank you.

Local phone book.

mistoffolees

There's your answer. You are Massachusetts residents, not Florida residents. Owning property in FL doesn't make you residents. One of you would need to live in FL for 6 months before you could file there.

Just Blue

Thank you.
Please read this dimwit's Posting history and INSULTING, WRONG and DUMB comments on another thread.

I, personally, wouldn't give this idiot the time of day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">