• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

outstanding warrant and ncic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanchopanza

Five years ago I was arrested for an open felony DUI warrant from Texas. This happened in South Dakota . I waived my extradition hearing and waited to return to Texas. I was not picked up and was released from the county jail. I now want to either get a state I.D. or license and would like to know if the national crime database still has me on there open warrants list? Since this warrant was already served here in S.D., is it then removed from the system? Will the DMV arrest me when I try to obtain an I.D? Note that since my arrest five years ago, i have once been pulled over by tribal police who ran a license check on me and it came back clear with no warrants. Thanks for any counsel.

Just Blue

Five years ago I was arrested for an open felony DUI warrant from Texas. This happened in South Dakota . I waived my extradition hearing and waited to return to Texas. I was not picked up and was released from the county jail. I now want to either get a state I.D. or license and would like to know if the national crime database still has me on there open warrants list? Since this warrant was already served here in S.D., is it then removed from the system? Will the DMV arrest me when I try to obtain an I.D? Note that since my arrest five years ago, i have once been pulled over by tribal police who ran a license check on me and it came back clear with no warrants. Thanks for any counsel.

Ummm...Yeah..Sure. Go to DMV. I am sure you will get exactly what you deserve or want.;)

CavemanLawyer

You weren't served with the warrant, that wouldn't have happened until you got to Texas. Texas placed a hold on you but never extradited. That could have happened because they let time elapse or they could have withdrawn the warrant if they determined not to proceed on the case. Unless they did this, the warrant is still active. You can probably call the sheriff's office in the jurisdiction of your charge and ask to speak to someone in the warrant division. They will usually tell you whether the warrant is still active.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">