• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arizona possision of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stim420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I was caught by border patrol in arizona with 1/4 oz of marijuana I thought I had taken care of the ticket but a background check reveAled that I have a FTA warrant our for my arrest this happened july of 2008 I was wondering if there is a statute of limitations on something like this and if so how long it is. If there is not I was wondering what I need to do to get the charge reduced to a use of marijuana so that it won't affect my abbility to attain goverment grants and loans for school. If anyone can shed some light on this and point me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated

The Occultist

Statute of Limitations refers to the time between when a crime occurred and when charges were pressed (which occurred when you were given your citation), so SoL does not apply to you. And your warrant will never expire.

Time to get a lawyer. First thing you need to do is turn yourself in. You'll want your attorney with you along with enough money to post your bail. Then it's time to face the real charges. Due to your non-compliance in taking care of your citation, the court will likely not be amused by your attempts at a plea bargain. Any chance you have will depend on how good your attorney is.

You're going to want to get an attorney whose office is across the street from your court. Yep, they're gonna be a little on the pricey side, but consider it an investment to make sure you get the most favorable outcome possible for your situation. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so you should take advantage of that and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Dave1952

Why did you think that you had taken care of this citation? Did you plead guilty and pay a fine?

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">