• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long strange story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darkko84

What is the name of your state (IL)? And The Netherlands

im a 26 year old male from the netherlands. i have a somewhat bizarre story.

februari of this year i got to know a socalled 19 year old female on the internet.she was on an adult webcam website and after a few days we got personal.

after 2 weeks i found out she was only 17 and i told her it was not okay to be on those websites. i eventually found out her phone number and i called her parents to inform them of their daugther doing that.

First of all i want to make clear her parents have really good jobs,their upper class but the thing they don't seem to care about is their daughter.
because time after time i still saw her on those websites and i was angry about it but nobody did anything.

i fell in love with the girl and she with me.so in April her mom said. if you love the guy il take you to holland.and so it happenend that we met in amsterdam.
it was nice and we really fell ''for real'' in love.

then when they got back they invited me over. so i went to America and got to see how it was there.

one morning i got the suprise of my life with DCFS on the doorstep.investigating the relationship between her and me.as it turned out her school knew about it and filed a case to DCFS.

her mom panicked about her reputation,and practically forced us to get married to save her own butt.we got married a day after for her mom basically so we circumvented the rules.DCFS did not have a case anymore.
i feel tricked now being forced into something that was out of my hands.
furthermore my wife has mental problems of her own.like depression,pshychotic.

she came over to holland for the months june till end of august.her mom thought i had gotten her pregnant on the previous visit to america,and denied her her medication,lexapro and abilify for more then 2 weeks.
while being in holland she got hold of weed and turned into a pshychotic.
during the episode she attacked me,stabbed me with a knife.and on top of that she called the police and charged me with abuse.
i was arrested and was in jail for 4 days.my lawyer told me i could face up to 12 years because she made a false statement about me chasing her with the knife. while i did not even do a thing.

a few weeks ago i received a letter from the Dutch court telling me the case was dismissed,they wrote there wasn't any guilt on my part.

i want to know do i have any rights her to file charges or file for damages???

Regards Dominique

justalayman

well, you screwed up by just not saying no to getting married. Once you did that, the girl was no longer under the control of her mother so your wife taking her meds, or not, was up to her.

What happened in the Netherlands is not going to be prosecutable here.

i want to know do i have any rights her to file charges or file for damages???
Don't know about Dutch law but from what happened in the US; nope.

but just to prove your story BS, getting married would not prevent a prosecution. If you committed a crime before being married, it doesn't make it not a crime by getting married. If they refused to prosecute, it wasn't because you getting married killed their case.

I would recommend you leave her and her crazy family alone. File for divorce. It doesn't sound like there is any deep love between you, why bother and create more drama with the court case ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">